Questions? Call Us Today (713) 335-5505

I-751 With a Waiver

Application to Remove Conditions on Permanent Residence with a Waiver

The Application to Remove Conditions is typically filed jointly by the spouses.  But what if you are no longer married and cannot file a joint application?  There are solutions. 


The law allows an individual to file an I-751 Application without his or her spouse if you can show: 


  • that you entered the marriage with honesty and good intentions, but your spouse subsequently died; or
  • that you entered the marriage in good faith, but the marriage ended because of divorce or annulment; or  
  • that you entered the marriage in good faith and have remained married, but have been battered or subjected to extreme cruelty by your U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse; or  
  • the termination of your status and removal would result in extreme hardship.

Learn More

Find out more